Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Coffee, Vacation, Stress

I've been traveling with my family these past few days in the southwestern states, visiting parks and trying to endure the immense dry heat. I haven't had too much coffee though! This is strange because I usually drink two pots to get through the day so I don't bite anyone's head off. The coffee that I have had hasn't been very good. I can settle, sure. But it doesn't mean I like it. Hotel coffee is just not my thing. I try to enjoy it, but it's just too watery for me! For some tourists I'm sure it may be delicious. However, those people settle for anything as long as it goes into their stomachs and they don't have to pay for it.
Being on this trip so far has been kind of stressful. I'm in the middle of finding jobs and an apartment with my best friend, so this week off is not what I need to finish this process. Anyways, back to my point.
When I'm around hundreds of people every day, I quickly lose my patience and become irritable. I don't even know these people! The fact that they're so greedy and arrogant makes me feel bad for them and good about myself.
What I want to get across is how the irritation can dissipate between numerous cups of coffee and maybe a couple cigarettes while listening to a calming Pandora station.
This rant really doesn't have a whole lot to do with coffee, but I've been needing to get this out onto a document so I don't forget about it, you know?
I hope your summer's going great so far! Make iced coffee with cinnamon, honey, and cream. Just a tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment